Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 August 2011

#18 Teaser Tuesdays ~ Mistaken by Neil Jordan


I have chosen the very first lines of the book, Mistaken by Neil Jordan for the teaser tuesday this week. These are powerful words that set the tone of the book.

"I had been mistaken for him so many times that when he died it was as if part of myself had died too. And so, I attended his funeral, to say good bye to that part of myself that would abide now in the cold clay of Deansgrange..."

Page: 1

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page


BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! Share the title & author, too, so that others can add the book to their TBR Lists!

7 comments:

  1. Great teaser! I haven’t heard of this one before, but I now have something to add to my every growing TBR pile! :)

    Here’s mine:

    http://amylunderman.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesdays-in-hot-seat.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, creepy... Wonder how the people there felt about his 'twin' showing up?

    Here's mine - House Millar - TT

    Aine

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok now that is just sad....anyone got a tissue?

    Stop on buy for a special Teaser/Giveaway! And while your there winning that book why not win a copy of Bloodlines by Richelle Mead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting and emotional teaser. Here's mine: http://christinerains-writer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting teaser. I wonder what their relationship was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very intriguing teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Goosebumps!

    My Teaser:
    http://itstimetoreadmamaw.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-by-mizb-of-should-be.html

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a great motivator for me. Please keep them coming!

But no SPAMs, please.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...